"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" (John Lennon)

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Anchor charts!

Some days ago, while I was reading some posts on facebook groups for teachers I came across this post here https://www.weareteachers.com/anchor-charts-101-why-and-how-to-use-them-plus-100s-of-ideas/ that is about anchor charts. And I wondered ... what is an anchor chart? Lets read!
So I read the article and it reminded me of mini posters I used to create for my students some years ago but there is a difference: an anchor chart is a mini poster the teacher starts then the students finish, or that teacher and students edit together and even better ... students create it for other students to finish. So ... I decided to create a couple of anchor charts for my first and second year students, I brought them to school, presented them to the students and explained they could create some too.
They can be created using some cardboard and colours and/or using ICT.

Here students will add words under each column. 


These pictures will be cut and pasted in the chart above. 



And to my surprise here is the first anchor chart by one of my students! We will work on it tomorrow in class all together.


Here you see anchor charts on grammar but they can be created on any other topic as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment