Students of class II H of the school "L. Da Vinci - O. Nucula" in Terni are involved in an etwinning project called "When a photo talks" together with students from other European countries.
Here are all the schools taking part in the project.
The activities focus on developing the main key competences for lifelong learning as follows:
- Communication (writing and speaking skills) in English and mother Language.
- Digital Competences (the use of ICT tools in the classroom).
- Learning to Learn.
- Social Competences.
- Raise of Awareness of European and Global Citizenship.
- Respect for Diversity (culture, people).
- Cooperation, working together on the same goal -> Protection and Appreciation of Life, Culture, Environment, Tradition.
- Develop of Creative Thinking and Artistic Expression.
- Increase students’ Knowledge about Past, Present and Future.
- New ways of Learning, via Photography.
This project also wants to raise awareness on the importance of each country cultural treasure in the European year of Cultural Heritage.
Students introduced themselves using a post in a padlet which is an online billboard, then they worked in groups in class and described their school, their town and their Christmas tradition using "talking photos". To create the photos they first took photos then used an app called PicTalk to add the baloons.
The students had the chance to collaborate in small groups all of them gave their contribution to the work.
Here are the results
Students also created a quiz on their presentation for the students of the other schools.
Our Christmas traditions
In the following weeks students will be involved in other collaborative activities and will keep on working on photos.